Skip to main content

Farewell to Florida

So long and farewell to the Sunshine State.  This journey started over eight years ago and I am a changed person because of the people that I have met and befriended. Some have made a lifelong impact in my life and some were in my life for just a season. I do appreciate all that I have learned during this journey.

There comes a time when you have to identify that God has closed doors for you and it is time to get out of your comfort zone and make a change. I believe that this is the case for me. God had to isolate me from the things I was experiencing in order to overcome and to be delivered from some things. I said goodbye to the antidepressants, cigarettes, alcohol and to the randoms that were in my life. I had to welcome a stronger relationship with Christ and increased study time. This has allowed me to become a better parent and an all around better person.

I know that once I am settled that God will open the right doors for me and I look forward to finding a church home. Most of all, I get to reconnect with my family and friends that are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  I am already working on plans to visit my sister and her family and to make a trip to the cemetary at Fort Sam. 

To all my family and friends in Florida, don't hesitate to keep in touch.
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keloid Journey

My keloid scars have been a part of my life since I was about five years old. My earring got caught in a boy's sweater and he moved and yanked it right out. As I got older, more scars developed and never knew why or the cause. My childhood with scars was not an easy one because I looked so different than the other kids and they were not very nice to me. Middle school was rough because of PE... OMG, the girls were brutal and that made me very uncomfortable about changing clothes in front of other people. It did not make it easy to help the battle of the fluff. LOL! It was easier to cover them up. I cannot recall the exact time frame, but I recall two doctor's appointments. One was at Lackland AFB and the doctors did not know what my keloids were and wanted to do a biopsy. My dad did not like what he heard and scheduled another appointment with a dermatologist at Fort Sam. The treatment was to inject the scars and that was very painful. My dad could not see me going through t...

Changes

Over a year ago, I made a personal choice to stop settling for less than I deserved. I was working a job that required me to travel 45 minutes both ways. I loved my job and what I was doing, but one day I woke up and realized that I was settling just because I needed a job. I chose to start looking at postings for places that were closer to home. Now that I have changed jobs and getting acclimated to the environment and people, I realized that my past has prepared me for this level. As long as you know that you have been prepared for the new level, just walk in it.  Do not let someone make you second guess why you are there.  God knows that you are ready for it and HE sure will not give you more than you can handle. Just continue to PRAISE HIM for your new level. For me, it started with a choice that what I was doing was not enough.  There had to be more to life than working the job I had at the time. I went and enrolled in a certificate program to e...

A Smile

My smile hides the pain that I feel. Sometimes I think that my life is so unreal. Constant arguing, constant bickering, can I just have five minutes to digest my day? That's when I fall on my knees and pray. Is it wrong to want to live life with peace and love? That’s when I look above. He shows me unconditional love. He provides peace and strength to make it through the day. Just when you think that you cannot go on any longer, HE makes you take a step of faith to show you that you can do it. Once you believe that you can do it, the battle is over. It is all about you believing that He can bring you through it.