Skip to main content

Things on my mind...

Today is a day where I have an expectation of great things.  I haven't been writing much lately and I have to schedule time every day to write.  Yes, it is therapy for me because there is a lot in my head that I have to share. I pray that someone is encouraged from the journey that I am walking through. 

This past Sunday my Pastor showed a picture of the top model in the world and very disturbing because this is what other women are using as a model on how we should look. Why are we allowing society to dictate what is beautiful?  Well, this photo made me think of all that I have been through in my life and what has lead me to gain weight and why I am battling with weight loss at my age.

Do you realize what someone goes through when they have been raped, molested, emotionally abused, physically abused, etc? You cannot realize what someone goes through unless you are a victim too. The main thing is that this is all inward. Thoughts of what did I do wrong, what could I have done to avoid this, why did this happen have to happen to me, what can I change about me so that this won't happen again. One of the thoughts is that if I don't look attractive to men, this won't happen to me again. That's when the emotional eating begins. As an emotional eater, you eat as your emotions change. Happy, sad, mad, angry, it doesn't matter, you just eat because of how you feel. Never do you allow anyone in public to know that you have this issue because it is all done in private. Not even your closest family member/friend realize that you have this problem. It can start with a pan of brownies, a bag of chips, or whatever you have within reach. 

How can a victim overcome this? Seeking God, prayer, support from your closest family member/friend. As the issues are dealt with, then you can really deal with the weight loss and overcome this issue. I will take you on my journey as I am overcoming these issues that have held me back. 


God Bless and Stay Tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keloid Journey

My keloid scars have been a part of my life since I was about five years old. My earring got caught in a boy's sweater and he moved and yanked it right out. As I got older, more scars developed and never knew why or the cause. My childhood with scars was not an easy one because I looked so different than the other kids and they were not very nice to me. Middle school was rough because of PE... OMG, the girls were brutal and that made me very uncomfortable about changing clothes in front of other people. It did not make it easy to help the battle of the fluff. LOL! It was easier to cover them up. I cannot recall the exact time frame, but I recall two doctor's appointments. One was at Lackland AFB and the doctors did not know what my keloids were and wanted to do a biopsy. My dad did not like what he heard and scheduled another appointment with a dermatologist at Fort Sam. The treatment was to inject the scars and that was very painful. My dad could not see me going through t

My Keloid Surgeries

Since I was about 14 or 15 I have had multiple surgeries to remove my keloids. They have not been easy surgeries and the recovery has been just as painful. In my recent post, I shared that I had to have a local anesthetic which was administered around each scar and when it wore off, the doctor had to stop the surgery just to administer more anesthesia. After the surgery, my chest was open and looked like a bowl of mashed potatoes is what was said. The aftercare was to keep the open wound clean with hydrogen peroxide. I did not manage very well and in my first after surgery appointment, the doc sat me in the chair, put gauze on my chest and just started pouring the hydrogen peroxide to clean the wound. Still to this day, I am unable to handle the sound and smell of peroxide.  My next surgery was on my face and a scar on my right shoulder. It was on the bra line and the health insurance company approved that part of the surgery but the doctor covered any related costs to remove the o

Life Changes

Today was an interesting day.  I have been pretty speechless because of Encounter Release last night at Without Walls in Lakeland with Pastors Clint Brown and Paula White.  What I have realized about the release we have been experiencing has caused me to re-evaluate some things within my life.  A few years ago at the Judah Conference someone was telling me about the general session, and what I realized at that very moment is that I was making sacrifices that I should not have been making and that God did not want me to make.  I knew then what I needed to do, but I dealt with the situation for a few more months until I finally said BASTA!  Enough was enough. I have had to say it again.  Enough is enough.  The peace that I have found is now my focus.  I have decided to work towards keeping the peace in my life and to continue to enjoy the things that I have loved and have learned to love.  In high school, I really hated PE and now I am at the point where I enjoy going to work out.  I h