Skip to main content

Farewell to Florida

So long and farewell to the Sunshine State.  This journey started over eight years ago and I am a changed person because of the people that I have met and befriended. Some have made a lifelong impact in my life and some were in my life for just a season. I do appreciate all that I have learned during this journey.

There comes a time when you have to identify that God has closed doors for you and it is time to get out of your comfort zone and make a change. I believe that this is the case for me. God had to isolate me from the things I was experiencing in order to overcome and to be delivered from some things. I said goodbye to the antidepressants, cigarettes, alcohol and to the randoms that were in my life. I had to welcome a stronger relationship with Christ and increased study time. This has allowed me to become a better parent and an all around better person.

I know that once I am settled that God will open the right doors for me and I look forward to finding a church home. Most of all, I get to reconnect with my family and friends that are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  I am already working on plans to visit my sister and her family and to make a trip to the cemetary at Fort Sam. 

To all my family and friends in Florida, don't hesitate to keep in touch.
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keloid Journey

My keloid scars have been a part of my life since I was about five years old. My earring got caught in a boy's sweater and he moved and yanked it right out. As I got older, more scars developed and never knew why or the cause. My childhood with scars was not an easy one because I looked so different than the other kids and they were not very nice to me. Middle school was rough because of PE... OMG, the girls were brutal and that made me very uncomfortable about changing clothes in front of other people. It did not make it easy to help the battle of the fluff. LOL! It was easier to cover them up. I cannot recall the exact time frame, but I recall two doctor's appointments. One was at Lackland AFB and the doctors did not know what my keloids were and wanted to do a biopsy. My dad did not like what he heard and scheduled another appointment with a dermatologist at Fort Sam. The treatment was to inject the scars and that was very painful. My dad could not see me going through t

My Keloid Surgeries

Since I was about 14 or 15 I have had multiple surgeries to remove my keloids. They have not been easy surgeries and the recovery has been just as painful. In my recent post, I shared that I had to have a local anesthetic which was administered around each scar and when it wore off, the doctor had to stop the surgery just to administer more anesthesia. After the surgery, my chest was open and looked like a bowl of mashed potatoes is what was said. The aftercare was to keep the open wound clean with hydrogen peroxide. I did not manage very well and in my first after surgery appointment, the doc sat me in the chair, put gauze on my chest and just started pouring the hydrogen peroxide to clean the wound. Still to this day, I am unable to handle the sound and smell of peroxide.  My next surgery was on my face and a scar on my right shoulder. It was on the bra line and the health insurance company approved that part of the surgery but the doctor covered any related costs to remove the o

Helpful Tips

My friend calls me Information Resources because I have a knack for finding the answers to questions that she asks me. I figured that there's some information that is stored in my brain (no laughing) that might help someone else. So if you are unemployed or under employed, this blog is for you. After relocating in 2004, I did not have a job but two young children to feed, so I turned my job search into a job. I started with researching the top companies in Orlando and narrowing that list down to employers that were my top 10 choices. I had already done some preliminary research before I moved, but I was able to discover more information once I was in Orlando. Next I created an Excel spreadsheet that listed my top 10 along with all of their information. I also included the name of the HR Manager or the Hiring Manager for creating my customized cover letters to submit with my resume when applying online. Plus, if you have to keep track of the jobs that you are applying for, this is