Skip to main content

Stay Encouraged

As I was deciding on what to write this morning, I saw the quote below posted by Joel Osteen on his Facebook page.

“God has already prepared the opportunities you need. Don't accept defeat, depression or lack. Supernatural promotion and increase will seek you out. Just keep honoring God and blessing others.”


This is just what I needed to give me encouragement today. The girls and I helped a ministry distributed fresh produce and juice to about 100 families this weekend. Never did I imagine that taking a few hours out of my weekend to help bless someone else would bring so much joy. Not only did it bring us joy, the girls want to do the same thing in our own neighborhood. They made sure that they packed a bag of produce and juice for a friend of theirs. This surprised me very much and made me smile.
Just because one person has the opinion that you cannot do a specific job, don’t let that get you down or keep you down. Yes, we get knocked down every now and then, but how you handle it determines what happens next. If you wallow in depression, the door that God has opened for you will become a missed opportunity because you stayed at home. Be sure to surround yourself with positive and encouraging people to keep uplifted. Encourage yourself if you have to. Just keep focused on God and your goal and watch what happens!
Stay encouraged and positive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keloid Journey

My keloid scars have been a part of my life since I was about five years old. My earring got caught in a boy's sweater and he moved and yanked it right out. As I got older, more scars developed and never knew why or the cause. My childhood with scars was not an easy one because I looked so different than the other kids and they were not very nice to me. Middle school was rough because of PE... OMG, the girls were brutal and that made me very uncomfortable about changing clothes in front of other people. It did not make it easy to help the battle of the fluff. LOL! It was easier to cover them up. I cannot recall the exact time frame, but I recall two doctor's appointments. One was at Lackland AFB and the doctors did not know what my keloids were and wanted to do a biopsy. My dad did not like what he heard and scheduled another appointment with a dermatologist at Fort Sam. The treatment was to inject the scars and that was very painful. My dad could not see me going through t...

Changes

Over a year ago, I made a personal choice to stop settling for less than I deserved. I was working a job that required me to travel 45 minutes both ways. I loved my job and what I was doing, but one day I woke up and realized that I was settling just because I needed a job. I chose to start looking at postings for places that were closer to home. Now that I have changed jobs and getting acclimated to the environment and people, I realized that my past has prepared me for this level. As long as you know that you have been prepared for the new level, just walk in it.  Do not let someone make you second guess why you are there.  God knows that you are ready for it and HE sure will not give you more than you can handle. Just continue to PRAISE HIM for your new level. For me, it started with a choice that what I was doing was not enough.  There had to be more to life than working the job I had at the time. I went and enrolled in a certificate program to e...

A Smile

My smile hides the pain that I feel. Sometimes I think that my life is so unreal. Constant arguing, constant bickering, can I just have five minutes to digest my day? That's when I fall on my knees and pray. Is it wrong to want to live life with peace and love? That’s when I look above. He shows me unconditional love. He provides peace and strength to make it through the day. Just when you think that you cannot go on any longer, HE makes you take a step of faith to show you that you can do it. Once you believe that you can do it, the battle is over. It is all about you believing that He can bring you through it.